WEEK 4 UPDATE

UPDATE

The project is still being made, and it has seen some progress too! It's kind of nice being responsible for literally every asset, because if I get tired of one aspect of the game, I can engage myself with pixel art tests or little synth songs and it's still considered being productive. This week I haven't gone against my schedule yet, but I am realizing that finalizing the 3D model for the ship may be a challenge, and the model itself may be subject to change later down the line. I'll make something by the end of this week, but knowing my design process, thingsss tend to pop out of nowhere often. 

As for the mechanics of the game, I have sketched out a rough idea of how I want the gameplay elements to work. Luckily, it's very minimal. I do, however, want to add orbital mechanics to the ship and everything inside it and i want the player to be able to go around the planet and find new information when on different hemispheres and this is becoming a very large endeavor for someone who doesn't know how to code!! By sheer luck, though, the same guy who made these MYST-like point and click tutorials also made an orbital mechanics tutorial! So...hopefully i can mishmash em together to make something NEAT. If not I could just add an RNG factor as to how you find information in the game...which, though simple, seems boring as fuck so I'm gonna try not to do that. Overall, I have a conceptual idea of how to implement the gameplay mechanics, but I'm still doing the basic tutorials on how to set up camera nodes and interactive objects sooo...this may take a bit.




 ^^CRUDE ORBITAL MECHANIC IDEA^^

As for art, I don't have much except some random doodles and gifs that may be implemented into the game! Here's some stuff:

 

=================================================
MUSIC
=================================================
Made some music as well. Still trying to get a feel for everything, but I'm leaning towards ambient synths. In fact, the music I made this week feels more like intro/outro music, but like i said immm not sure

still dunno what to call this game other than space game so let's go with space game

END OF UPDATE

Comments

  1. Congrats on starting learning Unity! I really dig your early pixel art sketches. I especially like the really grainy lo-fi pixel animations that have been blown up to a big scale. Do you think this is the direction you're going to take the art in this game? Or are you considering something else?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment